Membership of the Beef Shorthorn Society of Australia brings a wide range of benefits and privileges to enrich ownership of the shorthorn breed, backed by a strong network of support.
When you join the Beef Shorthorn Society of Australia, you have the significant resources of Australia’s longest-running official organisation specialising in shorthorns at your disposal.
Everyone is welcome to become a member and various classifications of membership are available to meet the requirements of stud breeders, associates, commercial breeders and juniors.
Membership benefits at a glance
- Strong commercial emphasis
(a) Society a partner with JBS in the Thousand Guineas program; a premium being paid to suppliers for their cattle;
(b) commercial attributes of registered cattle emphasised in Society publications.
- Moderate annual membership fee. For a Full Member or a Junior Member registering cattle, no additional amount is payable to become a Certified Supplier to the Thousand Guineas program.
- Moderate annual fee for a non-Member or Associate Member to become a certified supplier to the Thousand Guineas program.
- Availability of two herd books, with different advantages, in which to register cattle.
- Registration of an animal by payment of a single, all of lifetime, fee. No annual inventory fee for breeding females.
- Registration produces traceability.
- Ease of registration – alternative of online (coming soon) and paper registration applications.
- Breedplan available for all cattle registered.
- An active junior membership program, with a Society councillor having particular responsibility for junior member activities.